Kaishi Travel is an organization that aims to promote and work on eco and ethno-tourism in the regions of Guajira and Alta Guajira, motivating the entrepreneurial and entrepreneurial spirit of the different visited Wayuu ranchers. It promotes the sale of handicrafts and the provision of services to tourists and as a result contributes to the improvement of the quality of life of the Wayuu community.
Kaishi Travel, performs fair trade practices that allow the Wayuu to strengthen the service delivery infrastructure in their rancherías for tourists.
Codes of Conduct and Responsibility
KAISHI TRAVEL, Operator of Tourism, is subject to the liability regime established by law 300/96 and DR 1075/97: “The exploitation and sexual abuse of minors is punishable by deprivation of liberty, in accordance with Provided for in Law 679 of 2001. ”
“KAISHI TRAVEL, is committed to non-discrimination and exclusion of vulnerable populations.”
“KAISHI TRAVEL, is committed to the protection and conservation of cultural and heritage assets, as well as to encourage the fair, equitable and legal trade of handicrafts and elements elaborated by Wayuu people”
“It avoids the use of paper whenever possible, saving the documents in digital form. Based on individual and collective responsibility to protect and defend the environment. 1974 and Law 99 of 1993 in relation to the Integral Management of Solid Waste “.
Help us stop the traffic of species of fauna and flora, do not buy any species offered to you during your tour. Remember that the traffic of species besides being a crime deteriorates the ecosystem that today visits. Report this illegal activity, or injured animal on the road. Law 17 of 1981 Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
Agency certified in Sectorial Technical Standard NTS TS 003 Requirement of Sustainability for travel agencies.
ANATO Associate – ACOTUR
Help us to preserve the ancestral territory of the Wayuú
Identify the box for collecting plastic lids and deposit the caps of the pet containers of the beverages you consume.
Avoid species for ornamental purposes remember the introduction of species to other ecosystems generates imbalances and competition with native species.
During the visit to the attractions pick up the trash it generates, the driver Baquiano has bags to collect.
The batteries they discard do not leave them in the destination, return them to their city of origin so that they are discarded in the points of collection “Batteries with the environment”.
Do not touch or feed animals, avoid touching the coral, not catching, scaring or chasing animals.
Do not remove anything from the water or the places you visit except the trash you find.
Within the gastronomic offer you can find dishes that for their preparation require endangered species. Please refrain from buying them, this way we discourage their fishing or hunting. For example: turtles: gogo, green, hawksbill, morrocoy, Canal and Golfite, inside the fish the Mero guasa. Agreement 004 of the Corpoguajira
Participate in the water and energy saving initiatives that the lodges suggest. Remember that it is in a desert, I took only one bath a day and preferably in the afternoon.
Choose personal care products that are biodegradable.
- If you have the opportunity to participate in fairs, parties or cultural events at the destination, participating is the best opportunity to soak up the local culture.
- Support the local economy through the purchase of artisanal products made by the communities.
- During the tour you are likely to encounter improvised tolls made by children avoid throwing them money, food and / or sweets. Let us not return beggars to the Wayuus.
- We suggest you bring notebooks and pencils to donate to the tolls.
- Remember that you are visiting the ancestral territory of the Wayuu culture, whether a good visitor respects the community norms and places that indicate to him as sacred.
- If you observe any situation of sexual abuse, exploitation of children and adolescents Denounce it through the application Teprotejo, to the line 018000112440bdel ICBF or write to the mail email@example.com